Most home owners today are creating an inviting and relaxation spot in their backyard by putting up a metal pergola. This outdoor structure is made to give you shade and provide room where you can relax in the outdoor as you read a book, bbq or catch up with friends.
Below we’ve reviewed some of the best aluminum pergola kits. These options are not only affordable, they are also durable and you can add a canopy or outdoor curtains for added privacy and protection from the sun. if you are looking to transform your yard, read on.
5 Best Metal Pergola Kits Reviewed
1. PURPLE LEAF 10′ X 10′ Retractable Canopy Pergola
For anyone with a small yard, we recommend the Purple leaf 10 x 10 aluminum pergola. What makes this structure unique from others in this list is its retractable canopy.
A good canopy lets in enough light while blocking out the harmful rays and protects against harsh weather. And this is what the Purple leaf’s canopy offers. You will not have a difficult time assembling this 10 by 10-inch pergola from Purple Leaf company
Apart from protection, this iron pergola also serves as the perfect hosting spot. In its spacious room you can host several people, put some furniture in place and even a firepit for those cold months. It’s a great spot for bbq.
To ensure its durability, the manufacture has made it using durable aluminum material that is coated with rust resistant paint. This paint does not chip nor peel. The structure weighs about 100 pound as easier to move than most cedar wooden pergolas. Also, the Purple Leaf Pergola is available in three sizes so you can pick one that’s right for your garden.
- An all-weather aluminum pergola with a roof
- Excellent site for relaxation
- Its canopy is adjustable.
- Easy to assemble
- Poorly machined connecting joints
- Posts get too hot when it’s hot
2. Coolaroo Aurora Pergola
A good pergola should not only transform your home, it should also provide you with shade and enough space to have guests over. The Coolaroo Aurora patio pergola shade is a unique outdoor structure that gives your home a better classier look.
This Coolaroo made pergola is 9’8″ X 9’8″ in size and is easy to assemble, sturdy and durable. Another thing that will strike you about this iron pergola is its modern color and unique design. It’s available in three stunning colors; mocha, smoke, and terracotta.
The canopy is retractable and waterproof so you can enjoy the outdoor during the rainy seasons. Also, the Coolaroo metal pergola kit is freestanding. This means that you can move it around your garden. Its suitable for the pool area, patio, and garden.
Lastly, this aluminum pergola will not rust, chip, or peel as long as it stands in your home. This stunning pergola with retractable canopy will be a great addition to your home.
- Its canopy is retractable for different weather
- A perfect way to add color and beauty to your yard
- Ideal for all-weather
- Not stable enough for strong winds
- The canopies are not strong enough to hold snow.
3. Grand patio 10 x 12 ft Outdoor Metal Pergola
Measuring 12 x 10 feet, the Grand patio aluminum pergola is the best choice for anyone with a mid-sized or large yard. This pergola is a great addition to your home especially if you play host often. The Grand Gazebo is available in three colors; beige, brown and grey. It has a hardtop roof which blocks up to 99% of sunrays. The roof also protects you from rain and snow.
For privacy, this garden pergola has curtains. The sheers are light enough to allow air flow and strong enough to block out the wind and keep bugs out. This aluminum pergola from grand patio is ideal for decks, gardens, or yards.
Also for style, this pergola has a hook where you can hang a chandelier. And, if you prefer other types of lights, you can check some pergola lights. For size, the Grand Patio metal pergola has enough room to hold a set of fire pit chairs.
It has enough headroom so people can stand inside the structure without any problem. Lastly, this all-weather outdoor structure is durable and will be a great addition to your pool area or backyard.
- This is a rust-resistant metal pergola.
- It protects from UV rays.
- Comes with double-layered curtains and a mosquito netting
- Provides great spot for entertainment and privacy
- No clear instructions for putting it up
- Curtains are challenging to clean
4. Aleko Pergsand Pergola
Create your haven with the Aleko Pergsand Grape Trellis Pergola. This Metal pergola will add beauty, class, and style to your garden. Standing at 9 feet, the Pergsand is made of durable and sturdy steel. The aluminum is covered with black paint finish. The paint helps in protecting it against rust. It also guarantees the longevity of your structure.
If you like dining out often, then this pergola got you covered. With a canopy on its roof, this structure will protect you from rain and the hot summer heat. You can place this 9 x 9 feet Aleko structure infrot of your garage or garden. Also, you can repaint it if the paint chips or to give it a new look.
For durability, this pergola can withstand harsh weather conditions without rusting despite exposure to the elements. You don’t have to worry about chipping, peeling, or any corrosion once you install it.
The structure is perfect for chilling with friends and keeping them warmly entertained. Its elegance and comfort will be the reason why you’ll want to stay in your backyard every weekend.
- Perfect outdoor space for entertainment
- A long-lasting steel-framed pergola
- It is warm and sturdy.
- No clear assembling instructions
5. Best Choice Products 10 x 10 Pergola
If you are looking for a budget pergola, the Best Choice Products steel pergola is the best pick. It measures about 119 by 88 by 119 inches making it one of the smallest pergola on this list. Like the other options reviewed here it’s made of durable steel.
Apart from sheltering you from the sun, this outdoor pergola will give you enough space to host a few friends or family. It’s also spacious enough to fit a swing and pergola fire pit so you have a cozy outdoor area for the cold evenings.
Also apart from the swing, it can comfortably accommodate a wicker sofa set, a dining table set, giving you the freedom to accessorize it to your style and taste. To beautify it, you can add some climbing plants, lights or a chandelier. The Best choice pergola is made of weather-resistant fabric that makes it durable, enduring even the harsh weather.
- Provides enough space for furniture and entertainment
- A stable, secure, and durable steel framed pergola
- Ideal for all-weather
- This steel pergola has a retractable canopy
- The canopy cover doesn’t cover the whole pergola.
- Requires extra hardware when assembling
6. Pelham Living Steel Pergola
Make every moment you spend in your yard memorable by getting yourself the Pelham steel Pergola Gazebo. This 144 x 120 x 96 inches’ kit from Pelham living weighs 50 pounds and is made of alloy steel. It has a perfect durable frame that can stand the wind and rain. You can have a clear view of your surroundings because it is open.
This steel-framed pergola has a retractable canopy that enables you to enjoy the weather that suits you. This means that you can push it aside when it’s cold, and you want some sunshine, and when it’s hot, you can have some shade. The canopy is made of ivory. Its assembling is easy and also looks nice once it is fully installed.
- Perfect getaway site within your home
- It has an adjustable canopy.
- It is affordable
- The canopy is not long-lasting.
- The pergola is not stable for places with windy weather.
7. Coolaroo Constantine Pergola
The Coolaroo Constantine Pergola is made of metal and has a dimension of 2.74 x 2.74 x 2.18 meters and a weight of 60lbs.
It has a retractable canopy that blocks up to 90% of UV rays and lowering temperatures to as low as 32 degrees. Also, this metal pergola with canopy has a weather-resistant fabric that will withstand all types of weather. You will not need to worry about strong winds, heavy rains, or the scorching summer heat that cause it to peel and chip.
- Great in blocking UV rays and heat
- A classy and light in weight metal pergola
- The canopy can’t hold the snow weight.
- Makes a lot of noise when it is windy
Tips to choosing the right aluminum pergolas
Pergolas come in handy in providing shade, privacy, and adding value to your home. Moreover, they allow you to enjoy some family time with your kids and relatives. Choosing the best metal pergola might be an uphill task, but here is a guide that will help you get the best.
The material of a pergola is critical in determining how well it will serve you. There are different metal materials, including vinyl, cedar, and aluminum. All of them are great, but your location also matters in which type is best for you. For example, if you live in windy areas, an aluminum pergola would be the best to go for because they are tough on winds and storms. On the other hand, if you are in a sandy area, vinyl would be the best choice because it’s easy to clean.
The amount of money you have and the price of the pergola matters. Usually, small pergolas are affordable, and therefore if your budget is tight, you can go for one. Also, if you want a pergola with a canopy, you might be forced to add some extra dollars. Generally, the money you have is the determinant of what you will get.
Buying a pergola blindly without considering the size might be messy. Size is a significant factor in choosing a metal pergola. The best way to know what size to buy is by measuring your yard’s size where you want to place it. Ensure you have the right measurements for the height, width, and length. Would you like to include some furniture in your pergola? Then check on the furniture size and type to have accurate measurements before purchase.
Pergolas come in rectangle, round, oval, and square shapes. Most people prefer the oval and square-shaped pergolas. However, your taste is what governs you on the style you want for your yard. As you consider the style, it is wise to ensure that it will go well with your home.
It feels good to invest in something that will give you value for your money. Durability is of the essence in buying a pergola. The best metal pergola kits should be rust, wind, fade, and heat resistant. If you consider these features, you will get a metal pergola to serve you for a long time.
Benefits of a metal pergola
Metal pergolas are a great way to add beauty and style to your home. Here are some benefits of pergola.
- Durable: Metal pergolas are known to last for a long time compared to other types. This is more so for the aluminum pergola kits.
- Study and tough on all weather: Most metal pergolas are strong enough to withstand harsh weather conditions. This is mostly if you live in a place with windy, stormy, and rainy weather. They are known to withstand such without their canopies tearing off. On the other hand, metal pergolas are advantageous because they hardly rust, chip, or peel due to intense rain exposure.
- Coverage: Unlike most pergolas, metal pergolas provide good and enough space coverage. This feature translates to the creation of massive constructions that you can’t achieve with other materials.
- Poles: We all know how playful kids can be and how they like hanging on poles. This is why a metal pergola is better because its poles are firm and strong. No matter how many times your children keep on swinging on them, they will hardly be moved. This is different for other pergolas, especially vinyl ones.
- Safety: There is no much risk of your home catching fire when you buy a metal pergola. This is not the case for a timber pergola, which might be a catalyst to keep the fire burning.
- Easy to maintain; A steel pergola has no much hustle in maintenance. You can easily repaint it to the color of your taste. Additionally, it is very difficult for a metal pergola to be damaged. On the other hand, metal pergolas are easy to install and don’t require much hardware.
Any investment you make in your home should be to add value. Having a pergola comes through for you in many ways. Comfort, privacy, and the bond created as you relax in it with your family are the reasons why it’s not a waste of money. Buying a pergola that suits your style, budget and serves you for long might be tricky.
This is why we thought this article would help you make an informed decision when buying a metal pergola. The above recommended are the best metal pergolas you can have for your outdoor space. They are ideal for all weather and provide a great entertainment spot when catching up with your loved ones. Their prices are also fair; therefore, you don’t need lifetime savings to add a touch of style and comfort to your home.