An arched pergola or curved pergola is an outdoor structure that provides a beautiful and relaxing spot. These units are made of different materials including wood, steel, and vinyl. So, which pergola kit would be suitable for your backyard?
Choosing the right kit can be challenging and to help you narrow down your list, we review kits that are ideal for patio, deck and garden. We look at their best features, pros, cons and more.
- 1 Best Arched Pergolas
Best Arched Pergolas
1. Sunjoy Lindt Pergola Kit
If you are looking for a mid-size, affordable pergola, the Sunjoy Lindt arched pergola with retractable canopy is the right choice for you. Made of solid steel, this kit adds style and space to your outdoor living space. Its dimensions are 134 x 112 x 93 inches or 9.5 x 11 foot. This rectangular pergola is made of sturdy metal that is powder coated with rust resistant brown paint. The base is strong and ideal for windy places.
The Lindt size is enough to hold a furniture set and a fire pit, if you wish to have one in your backyard. Also, the Lindt arched pergola comes with a free chocolate color canopy that will protect you against UV rays. The canopy is adjustable.
- Arched design makes the pergola stand out
- Comes with a free retractable canopy for shade
- Made of sturdy steel making it ideal for windy places
- This arched pergola with replacement canopy takes time to assemble
2. Tangkula Pergola Arched with Canopy
Tangkula is a leading brand that has for years built beautiful and affordable pergolas. Their catalogue includes small, mid-size as well as large pergolas. For this review we’ll look at the 12 x 9 pergola. Like the Lindt pergola above, the Tangkula is a stylish steel outdoor unit that you can install in your garden on the patio. This pergola requires assembling. You can go the DIY way or hire a professional to do it for you. They can have the structure up within a day.
You’ll love the 4 strong posts and curved roof. And, because the pergola is made of steel, the manufacturer has coated it with scratch and rust resistant paint to ensure its durability. Unlike wood pergolas that have slats and beams, this pergola has beams only. But, to give you shade, the manufacturer has added a retractable canopy that is made of UV resistant fabric. The canopy is also waterproof, protecting your pergola furniture. Speaking of furniture, this arched pergola has enough space for a lounger set and a table. It’s also strong enough to hold a swing.
- Has a roof made of waterproof material
- Installation is easy and can be done on a concrete floor
- Made of durable materials
3. Yardistry Arched Roof Cedar Wood Pergola
Beauty meets versatility, that is the best way to describe wood pergolas. Yardistry specializes in construction of these types of pergolas. Standing at 97 inches or 12-foot, their arched pergola is ideal for different types of activities including dinner and birthday parties. Now, there are some key differences between this unit and the arched pergolas above.
First, this Yardistry is quite heavy. On average an metal arched pergola weighs about 100 pounds while this wood option weighs 387 pounds. Quite heavy. This means you may need some help to put it together. To make your work easier, the wood pieces are pre-cut, pre-drilled and you’ll get some pretty easy-to-follow instructions. The cedar wood is pre-stained to protect it against termites and also gives it a classic, warm look.
For space, this Yardistry pergola has enough room that can fit most outdoor furniture sets and a bar. Secondly, another key difference between this option and a steel arched pergola is the roof. An arched wood pergola has a roof with slats and beams crisscrossed to offer shade. We recommend you add a snap-on sun shade sail to protect against UV rays. Also, the yardistry’s roof is easy to decorate. Some decorative ideas include adding climbing plants and lights for night use.
- Comes with anchors for easy installation
- You can re-stain it to give it to match your outdoor color scheme
- Made of 100 percent cedar solid wood
- Features a classic design and is large enough to fit most patio furniture
- This garden pergola is quite heavy and takes time to install
4. Cloud Mountain 8 x 10 Pergola Gazebo
If you are on a tight budget, the Cloud Mountain 10 x 8 arched pergola gazebo is the perfect pick for you. Boasting of elegant workmanship, this outdoor pergola is what you need to transform your garden, patio or backyard into an oasis of relaxation. The cloud mountain arched pergola needs assembling and the strong poles make it easy to assemble the canopy. Plus, the manufacturer has included assembly instructions to make it easy on the DIY guys.
This patio structure is powder coated to prevent rusting. It’s arched design is stylish and elegant looking. To provide shade, the manufacturer has included a free retractable canopy that you can easily adjust depending with the sun’s position. You can enjoy the outdoors anytime of day. This 8 x 10 portable pergola can fit a furniture set and is perfect for outdoor dining.
- Has a canopy made of durable material
- Can be installed on concrete, lawn, or wood deck
- The Cloud Mountain 8 x 10 arched pergola is lightweight and portable
- Canopy with velcro to keep it in place
- Canopy not waterproof
5. Vintage 10 x 10 Pergola
Another wood pergola to consider vintage 10 x 10 pergola for outdoor living spaces this excellent option by Epic pergolas. This vintage structure is a stunning masterpiece. This pergola is made of red cedar wood. This material is one of the most durable and rot resistant materials. Plus, it is stained to protect it against termites, weather and rot.
Also, like other wood pergolas, this structure stands out because of the red color. Installation is easy. And, you’ll need some help because wood is heavy. This outdoor living pergola will transform your backyard into a haven.
- Classic and beautiful style
- Has enough space for furniture
- You’ll need to stain it regularly
- Does not provide enough shade
6. Suna Outdoor Patio Pergola
Made of solid alloy steel, the Suna outdoor pergola comes with 4 x 4 separate posts that are strong and sturdy to stand against the strongest winds. Each post stands at about 9 and gives you enough headroom so you can stand or sit comfortably. Also, this rectangular pergola has enough space to keep your outdoor furniture.
Now, its arched roof has wide rafters that are great for hanging decorative potted plants but not ideal for shade. To provide ample shade, the Suna also comes with a beige adjustable shade sail.
- Large enough to fit a bar and furniture
- Made of solid steel for durability
- Does not have a privacy wall
Benefits of arched pergola
Arched pergola vs flat roof pergola, why should you choose this option for your patio or lawn? Here are some reasons why homeowners prefer this option
- Most options on this review list are made of solid steel which is weather resistant and durable
- The arched pergola kits are large and can fit most outdoor furniture sets
- Some options come with canopy to provide shade
- Arched design is beautiful and stylish and accentuate the backyard
- Installation is easy and most options come with assembly instructions
- Arched pergolas do not have privacy walls. You can ensure your privacy by adding curtains or climbing plants
What should you consider before you shop for an arched pergola? You need to look at the available space in your backyard so you can choose one that will fit perfectly. If you have a sizable yard, a rectangular pergola is a great pick. For small backyards or patios, a square pergola is the best pick. Also, consider how you want to use this outdoor space. The options above are ideal for any backyard. They are stylish, affordable, and assembly is easy. They are also perfect for windy places.